28/03/2016

2016 Lipstick Colour Trends – Let’s get Lippy

Pucker up ladies, it’s time to talk about the centre of the world of makeup – lipstick! There is something about lipstick that just brings out the femme fatale in me, the vamp, the classic movie star heroine. It’s the ultimate in femininity and for this reason, it’s all I am going to focus on today.
Perfecting your pout doesn’t mean taking too many duck-face selfies! It means finding the shades of lipstick that really complement your skin tone and clothes and working it, baby! There are few things that are sexier than perfectly applied lipstick in the perfect shade.

It’s a rainbow with a pot of gold at the end!

And the trends for 2016 are just an absolute treat – it’s a riot of colour out there, I think I can safely say that the mouth is having its moment! Whether you are into the classics of crimson and tomato red, the prettiness of rosy pink, the drama of moody merlot and wine coloured lips or the high octane jolt of molten metallic, it’s all ready for you to rock the look!

Blend your own look

You don’t have to ‘stick’ to a shade that is already out there. Many makeup artists use two or more colours to achieve a certain shade or add depth to the lips. I was so bold recently as to layer three shades from Clinique for a stunning blend that lasted all day. I found this trio of long-lasting matte lipsticks in ‘All Heart’, ‘Sugared Maple’ and ‘Blushing Nude’. 



I was never a major fan of long-wearing colour as it always seemed dry to me, but I was assured the latest formulas are long-wearing without drying out your pout, so I gave it a try. The texture was a creamy matte that did not dry out, and the colour I got by layering all 3 was superb, a sort of deep, berry brown.

Pink Pops or Wine Stains?

Another new favourite of mine is my MAC Cremesheen lipstick with pearlised pigments and moisturising serum. And the colour my lips love? It’s called Speed Dial – a pop of pink so bright and perfect that always lifts my mood and makes me seriously happy. 


You might have seen everyone from Rihanna to Pink sporting a major lipstick trend – the vampy dark purple, moody merlot, wine stained lip look. My favourite to get this look is the super luxurious Baby Cashmere shade in Estee Lauder’s Pure Colour Envy Sculpting Shine range. It promises a fuller, sculpted pout and it delivers. And it comes in a slim navy case with a magnetic clip top that feels very Bond girl. 



Try something new


So, no matter what your mood or your outfit, make sure you go all out on the lips this year. It’s time to experiment and try different things, go on, you know you want to!

No comments :

Blog Widget by LinkWithin