As we get older, our skin starts to lose its natural glow and plumpness. We tend to dab on more foundation and concealer in order to minimize wrinkles and dark spots. However, an overdone makeup can make you look older than you actually are. Try the below tricks to create a younger look.
The key to youthful skin is moisture. The more hydrated your skin, the younger it looks. Be sure to slather on moisturizer before applying makeup. It also helps foundation to glide on more smoothly.
2. Sheer Coverage
Tinted moisturizers or lightweight liquid foundations are the best for wrinkled skin. Unlike pressed powder, which settles into lines and makes skin appear older, a light-reflective liquid foundation gives the illusion of a glowing face.
To apply foundation perfectly, use a damp sponge or a foundation brush to dot a small amount all over the face. Run your sponge under water, squeeze out the water, and put a dab of foundation on the back of your hand. Pick up the foundation with the sponge tip and apply it in dabbing motions on your face.
3. Conceal Lightly
As we age, the skin around our eyes become thinner and look more translucent, making eye circles appear darker. This can make you look tired and add years to your face. If you have dark circles or brown spots, instead of dabbing concealer all over the place, which can give a caked-on look, dot a tiny bit on the inner corners of your eyes then blend outward, and on the spots. This will give you a fresher and younger look.
4. Try Highlighter
To re-create that glow in your twenties, dab a very sheer highlighter on your cheekbones, avoiding the brow bones, the apples of the cheeks, and the lips, as it will make your face look greasy. Highlighter help adds a youthful and pretty dimension to your facial contours.
5. Blush Up
Our skin starts to shrink as we grow older, due to the loss of fatty layer, collagen and elastin.
Emphasizing the apples of your cheeks can help draw attention to the fullness of your face. Choose a neutral rose color blush and apply it along the highest points of your cheekbones – it gives your face a bit of a lift.
6. Glittery Eyes
Soft shimmer color is flattering because it lightens up to the face. Pick a creamy neutral shadow, like champagne or rose gold. Dab it over the lids and inner corners of the eyes to wake up the face.
7. Curl Your Lashes
Curling your eyelashes is an easy thing you can do to make your eyes look bigger, and therefore younger. Apply one or two coats of the blackest black mascara you can find, as it will make the whites of your eyes look clearer and let your eyes stand out. Opt for a lengthening mascara that allows you to coat each lash easily and brighten eyes instantly.
8. Plumped Lips
Lips that are soft and plump can lie about how old you really are. But your lips start to get thinner and lip line fades as you age. The best remedy is to apply lip colors that enhance your natural lip tone. Lookfor a neutral rose color or one that is between your natural lip color and a berry shade. That will add a flattering touch to your pouts. Then top it off with a clear gloss to keep lips full and hydrated.
Exfoliating is a crucial part of good body skin, yet many people fail to do it on a regular basis. In order for exfoliation to work, you must stick with it regularly. In the summer, you can exfoliate your skin up to three times a week. Try a sugar scrub, activated charcoal scrub or other types of scrubs paired with a loofah for the best results.
Moisturize After Showering
The heat of summer often makes people shy away from using moisturizer, but this small mistake can produce fine lines, uneven skin tone and other skin complications. After showering, you should use a lightweight moisturizer all over your body while your skin is still slightly damp. This will help your skin absorb the moisturizing ingredients more efficiently. If you have oily skin, you can moisturize twice a week to eliminate the possibility of oil buildup and breakouts.
Get Plenty of Vitamin C
Vitamin C isn't just good for your health; it also brightens dull skin and fades sun spots and other discolored areas on the skin. Make sure you are getting plenty of it in your diet. For an added boost, use a daily moisturizer infused with vitamin C.
Fake a Perfect Glow with Highlighting Cream
Highlighting cream products tend to contain very fine shimmer that is capable of producing a natural-looking glow. However, it is important to apply it properly to avoid looking sweaty or shiny. Instead of rubbing highlighting cream all over your skin, lightly dab it onto the parts of your body that you want to make stand out, such as your shoulders, collarbone and cheekbones. You can also use highlighting cream to create the illusion of a longer and leaner physique by applying it straight down your arms and legs.
Use SPF 30 or Higher Sunscreen
Sunscreen goes hand-in-hand with the summer season, but the amount of SPF can have a huge impact on a product's effectiveness. For the highest level of protection from the sun, use a sunscreen that contains SPF 30 or higher and reapply once every three hours.
Don't let the state of your skin make you feel less confident about flaunting your favorite bikini or breezy outfit this summer. Achieve a healthy, glowing complexion with these proven tips and tricks!
No, you can’t be giving her chocolates again.
While you might have probably spent the last couple of months trying to find something other than chocolates and flowers, you still end up buying and giving her that. Why? Because Valentine’s Day means roses and sweets. Or not
Women love beauty. It’s a fact. Women spent hours prepping up for a date. So, why not grab something else? Here’s a list.
Because it’s Estée Lauder, the set has to be inside the known blue and purple geometric designed bag. The set includes
- Perfectionist [CP+R] Wrinkle Lifting / Firming Serum (0.5oz / 15ml) promises to reduce fine lines and wrinkles at a faster time.
- Resilience Lift Firming/Sculpting Face and Neck Crème SPF 15 (0.24oz / 7ml) enhances the skin’s moisture for a younger look.
- Resilience Lift Firming/Sculpting Eye Crème (0.17oz / 5ml) gives the skin around the eyes the boost it needs to feel refreshed.
- Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant (Fragrance Free) (50ml) is the first product to have Elizabeth Arden’s name on it. While she can use this to primarily protect her skin from chapping and drying, the product can also be used to scrub the lips and even condition the cuticles.
- Eight Hour Cream Intensive Daily Moisturizer For Face (15ml) has SPF15 PA++. It moisturizes the skin while protecting it against harmful UV rays.
- Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick (3.7g) has SPF15. No more cracked lips.
- Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser (0.5oz / 15ml) that can remove all the make-up on her skin before she goes to bed.
- All About Eyes (0.17oz / 5ml) takes away that tired look on her face. It’s a cream to reduce the puffiness and shadows she has been telling you about the whole day.
- Even Better Brightening Moisture Cream Plus (0.5oz / 15ml)deeply moisturizes the skin and makes sure it’s locked in.
- Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector (0.5oz / 15ml)has been clinically proven. Say goodbye to dark spots and acne scars.
- Even Better Makeup has SPF 15/ PA++ 0.24oz / 7ml (64 Cream Beige (M-G)). It’s a sunscreen, a foundation and an uneven skin tone corrector.
- Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm 0.04oz / 1.2g (04 Mega Melon) has Shea butters. It’s perfect to keep those lips hydrated.
- Lash Power Mascara 0.08oz / 2.5ml (01 Black Onyx) works to give her that long curly lashes.
The first rule to applying foundation is to make sure that your skin is well-hydrated. It helps foundation to glide on more smoothly. For mature skin, applying moisturizer beforehand will instantly plump up the skin and make fine lines less visible. Primer is a skippable step unless you have to minimize pores and correct redness, or if your makeup has to last through the day.
Acne is a common skin problem, especially for younger people, but that doesn’t mean they cannot use foundation. Choose a product with labels such as "non-oily,” “hypoallergenic” and “noncomedogenic”, which does not irritate the skin and improves complexion at the same time. If you do not have acne problems, choose a foundation that caters for the needs of your skin, such as a hydrating or oil-controlling formula.
Nowadays, many foundations are formulated with anti-aging and face-lifting benefits, which are ideal for mature women. An important tip for choosing foundation is to pick according to seasons. In winter, you may need a cream foundation which is more moisturizing. In summer, skin tends to become oily and a light foundation or even a tinted moisturizer will do.
3. Find Your Shade
To find the perfect shade, test foundation on your jawline and check it in the daylight. If the color is correct, it should disappear without blending. You can ask a beauty adviser at a store to help you pick the perfect color.
4. Apply It the Right Way
The best way to apply foundation is to blend thin layers into the skin. Take a dab of foundation and apply on the centre of the face, round the nose, mouth areas, chin and centre of the forehead, then blend it outward until it becomes thinner, which helps achieve a much more natural finish.
You may use fingers, a brush or a sponge to apply foundation, depending on the format of the foundation and coverage you want. For thinner foundations and a little coverage, use your fingers. For compact foundation, a sponge is preferred. To get an airbrushed look, use a brush or the Beautyblender Cosmetic Sponge, a cult favorite among the makeup pros.
Applying concealer after foundation can prevent using more concealer than you actually need. Choose a color that is one shade lighter than your skin, as too light will give a fake look. Use a small, pointy brush to cover the darkest part of under-eye circles, usually below the inner eye corners. Dab on a bit of concealer on other skin flaws or blemishes that aren’t covered by the foundation as well.
Use a translucent or light-reflecting loose powder which helps give a luminous touch and control shine. Pour some powder on the lid of the container and dip it with a powder blush. Tap the brush over the lid to remove any excess. Gently dust your face with the powder, starting from the forehead, down to the cheekbones, bridge of your nose, and the chin.
Choosing the right foundation and applying it the right way are keys to getting that fresh, youthful glow. Do you have any secret tips in creating a flawless look? Let us know in the comments!
Korean Pop Stars’ Makeup
The emphasis of Korean star makeup is a moisturized, radiant and natural complexion. On top of that, the K-Pop stars like to draw thin, upward eyeliner to accentuate their eyes. They also prefer straight, thick eyebrows and gradient lip makeup.
1. Foundation: To get that dewy, glowy look, after priming your face, use a BB cushion and gently pad it over your face. It will give a sheer, luminous finish you often see in Korean singers and actresses. Another method is to apply 1-2 drops of face oil over your regular foundation, focusing on the cheekbone and T-zone, thus giving a radiant complexion.
2. Eyeshadow: The Korean eye makeup emphasizes a simple, natural look. Pick a light orange or champagne shimmery eyeshadow and apply it all over the eye lids.
3. Eyeliner: This is the essential part of Korean star makeup. Using a pencil eyeliner, draw and dot on the inner eyelids. Then, taking a liquid eyeliner, draw a thin line on the upper eyelids and extend it upward for about 1cm from the outer corners of the eyes. This will give a smiling look to your eyes.
4. Mascara: Choose a volumizing mascara and apply it on your upper lashes to create mesmerizing volume. Follow by lengthening mascara on the lower lashes for bigger-looking eyes.
5. Eyebrows: Thick, soft and straight brows are desired by Koreans because they give a gentle appearance that is youthful and baby-like. Use an eyebrow pencil to draw straight lines on the front and bottom edges of your brows. Then, fill in the eyebrow with brow powder or a brow pencil.
7. Lips: This is another focus of the K-Pop makeup look. The gradient lip look is a huge trend in Korea right now. Dot a red or pink lip tint / lipstick on the inner side of your lips. Smooth the color out a bit by dapping it with your fingers. Be careful not to dap it on the outer edge of your lips, otherwise you will lose the gradient effect.
Western Pop Stars’ Makeup
When talking about Western Pop Stars’ Makeup, we are generally referring to the US. Pop singers such as Katy Perry and Taylor Swift are often seen with their signature winged eyeliner, bright red lips and a perfectly highlighted and contoured face. Let’s see how they do it:
Winged eyeliner: After applying your foundation, you can move on to the eyeliner. Winged eyeliner is a classic look and yet still very popular today. You will need an angled brush and an eyeliner gel. Using your brush, draw an upward line from the outer corner of your eye. Then, apply the eyeliner close to your lash line. Join up these two lines and fill in the gaps with more eyeliner gel, and you’re done.
Contouring & Highlighting: Contouring can help enhance the cheekbones and slim your face while highlighting can give a gorgeous glow to your face.
To contour, use a shading powder that is one shade darker than your skin, and apply on the each side of your nose (to make it look slimmer), under the jawline (to slim the face), around the hairline (to warm the face) and the underside of the cheekbone (to strengthen your bone structure).
To highlight, choose a highlighting product that is similar to the color of your skin and without noticeable sparkles, which can look unnatural. Highlight the bridge and tip of your nose, the high point of cheekbone (to define the cheek), the area between the brows, and the eyebrow arches.
Follow with smokey eyes for bigger eyes and your favorite blush.
Red lips: red lips and winged liner are perfect match and the latest trend among Western celebrities and models. Fill in your lips with a red lip liner of your choice and apply a lipstick in the same shade.
With these few simple tricks, you can create a celebrity-like makeup look easily. Do you have any tips on doing a glamorous star makeup? Share with us in the comments!
Having your eyebrows done right will not only help bring out your eyes, but also improve your face’s overall symmetry. Learn about which eyebrow shape suits your face and look younger and beautiful.
If your face is round, you should make your eyebrows very angular as a rounder face lacks definition. High-arched and perfectly angled brows can define your facial bone structure.
To soften the angularity of a square jaw, rounded eyebrows are the way to go. But beware of making your eyebrows appear too round, as you do not want to create a rainbow shape.
A long face makes your features look vertically stretched out. It is important to extend the tails of eyebrows beyond the outer corner of the eyes to play up the horizontal features and balance the face shape.
Due to a petite jaw line and emphasis on the upper part of the face, it is best to keep eyebrows thin, well-manicured and exceptionally groomed. The tight eyebrows on the top part of the face will serve to balance a smaller chin.