28/06/2016

The Art of Summer Nails

If you can dream it up, you can have it on your nails this summer! What an explosion of artistry there has been at the tips of our fingers. Geometric, tie dye, rainbows, fruit, negative space – these are all manicures that you can have to add a blast of colour and a lot of fun to your life this summer. So, get seriously creative and let your fingers do the talking!

Prepare your canvas

But, first things first, you need to take care of your hands! Make sure they are smooth, moisturised and that the nails don’t have ragged edges or uneven cuticles. The canvas for the art must be prepared! I absolutely love my Neal’s Yard Remedies Beautiful Hands Organic Collection. It contains three different hand creams, a Wild Rose, a Geranium & Orange and a Garden Mint and Bergamot hand cream. I keep one of these fragrant creams in my handbag, one in my office drawer and one at home in the kitchen, so I am never without a softening treat for my hands. 

Harden up!

And if your nails are not quite in tip-top shape yet, do not despair, start giving them a hardening and strengthening treatment now and in a week or two you will be ready for a masterpiece. OPI is a favourite nail brand, and their “Nail Envy” strengthener contains a powerful boost of protein and calcium to your nails, making them harder, able to grow longer and stronger and resist cracking and peeling – it’s a winner, try it out!

Get your color on!

Oh for the colour – well, if it’s a bright summer pastel – bring it over here! This summer the colours are candy, with a depth and array that boggles the mind and excites the eyes! One of the best nail art trends is the “ice cream” manicure – where you get to paint your nails to the point that you might want to eat them! It can take some time, but it’s worth the wait when you emerge with hands that you cannot tear your eyes away from!

Nobody’s got time for that!

Oh, and one last thing. I hate waiting, impatience is my middle name and I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have destroyed a carefully created manicure or paint by dashing off to do something with my hands too early, before it is properly dry! So, the perfect discovery for me was OPI Drip Dry nail lacquer. This is sheer magic – you just apply 1 or 2 drops to each nail and voila – dry in 1 minute! Even I can wait just one minute. At the same time the formula soothes the cuticles with jojoba and vitamin E.


So go wild girls, let nothing hold you back except your imagination and let your summer nails express the person you want the world to see!

No comments :

Blog Widget by LinkWithin