29/12/2009

French cosmetic tycoon Yves Rocher passed away

I remember the first skincare prodcts I bought when I went to France for exchange programme was from Yves Rocher. R.I.P. Mr Yves Rocher.

==========================================


Yves Rocher, founder of a world-wide cosmetics empire, died in Paris on December 26, 2009 at the age of 79.

"I confirm that he passed away this morning," said a spokesman without giving a cause of death.

Rocher founded the company in 1959 and nurtured it into a firm with annual sales of over $2.9 billion and a presence in over 80 countries.

The company is renowned for cultivating its own plants and running stores, mail order, and online business. Yves Rocher offers several beauty lines including skin care, cosmetics, fragrances, and hair care.

(news adapted from Examiner.com)

No comments :

Blog Widget by LinkWithin