26/11/2008

The night cream myth...

A while ago, I wrote an article about night cream, whether to skip it or keep it. The professional said, on the source I based that article on, we should skip it and replace with their more watery serum kind of product at night. But today I saw another professional saying something totally contradictory to it, and I am completely confused:

"Smoothing on a healing night cream bolsters this activity. Hirsch says rich formulas are best because their thick, heavy base can help drive active ingredients into the skin."
(from totalbeauty.com, by a dermatologist in Cambridge, Mass., and president-elect of the American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology and Aesthetic Surgery.)

OK! Now another professional says not only we should use night cream, but thick heavy one?? I am totally confused. Actually, I think what I will do is to keep the night cream I am using (some nights I skip it to rest my skin), I found out that skin care products are so personal that it's hard to use one theory to apply to all, so my advice is that if you have found what is suitable for you, just stick to it, reading too much sometimes just confuse you (like what I am now).

No comments :

Blog Widget by LinkWithin